4.13.2009

Teacher Idol

This year was our 3rd Annual Teacher Idol at Noah Webster Academy. I didn't participate the first year, but last year I decided to really go all out and win. Some may remember my post about it last year and also my video clip. I did lip sync as Hannah Montana and really got into my character. I dressed up with a blond wig and had Brendan and some other people act as my band. Some younger kids even thought I was the real deal.

After winning last year's title, I had to win again this year. I didn't know how I was going to pull it off being almost 8 months pregnant. My friend and coworker, Tabitha, had the idea for Liz, Tabitha, and I to be the Jonas Brothers. I could cover my stomach with a guitar. Tabitha and Liz's husbands pretended to play the drums and bass. Brendan rapped as Big Rob in the middle of our song. We decided the atmosphere was really important so we turned out the lights and had a disco ball and handed out glow bracelets to students. The crowd was roaring. Sure enough we took the title once again!

Liz, Tabitha, and I after the show.

2 comments:

Wendle said...

LOL!!! Oh my gosh I am soooo happy to see you take it again!! I only wish I could have been there to witness it in person.

And hello? 8 months pregnant? Where have I been? Congrats! And good timing...the end of the school year is almost upon us :)

Timothy and Nicole said...

You look AWESOME! I can't believe only 35 more days to go. How exciting... I want to talk to you and see how you're doing I'll have to give you a call.