2.07.2011

Favorite Toy


For Christmas, we had a custom built kitchen made for Hazel.  I had seen this cute kitchen on a blog and loved it.  It had do-it-yourself instructions, so Brendan and I were going to build it ourselves.  We kind of ran out of time, and Brendan's dad suggested we have their cabinet builder build it.  It was nice because we  just showed him a few pictures of how we wanted it to look and gave him our own dimensions.  I wanted it be a little taller than most kitchens, so older kids could use it too.  Brendan painted it, and we put the handles, knobs, sink, faucet, and burners on ourselves.  I finally got around to sewing the curtain and hand towel this past week.  I received a sewing machine for Christmas, and this was my first project.  I liked how this kitchen had rounded edges and shelves on the end, and I liked the color and knobs of this kitchen from Blue Eyed Yonder who makes and sells them in her etsy shop.  If you go to this site you can see lots of other cute kitchens.

Hazel plays with this all day long.  It's funny to see her mimic me.  I watched her pretend to wash her hands in the sink and then dry her hands off.  Instead of using the hand towel, she just wipes them on the curtain.  Just today I saw her sticking her play food and pans in the oven and shutting the door and then she would sit and watch the food through the glass.  It's funny because that's what Brendan usually does with her when we put something like cookies in the oven.  They will sit with the oven light on and watch them bake.

6 comments:

Diana Smith said...

Wow dana I am so impressed this is adorable! I am so going to have Daniel make one for Olivia when she gets older!

BeingBrook said...

Seriously SO adorable!! I love the color. Our daughter's bedroom is a very similar color and it's one of my favorites. You did a wonderful job. Love the white knobs!

Unknown said...

The ruffles turned out perfect. What a great touch!

Dawn said...

Great Dana, Sicily doesn't like her kitchen anymore, and she says wants one like Hazel's. I assured Sicily that hers was fun and cute too. "I want 2 kitchens!" she says. Now Brinlee says she wants one like that too. "It's awesome!" My birthday is in May, and I would like a new kitchen!

Tabitha said...

I'm not kidding that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! You could totally sell it in a children boutique! Sawyer will have to come over and play.

emily and logan said...

okay, so when i have a girl and i am ready to make this kitchen, i am coming to YOU! be ready. :)