6.24.2008

One Year and Counting.......


Brendan and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary yesterday. It's hard to believe a year has passed already. Brendan surprised me and took me to the Homestead Resort and Spa in Midway where we stayed in a cute cottage. For dinner we went to Schneitter's at the Zermatt Resort in Midway. We also swam in "The Crater" at the Homestead.


This is our cute cottage.


Brendan and I played chess after dinner. It was our first time playing against each other, and I have to admit I'm really competitive and I was upset Brendan beat me. It wasn't even a close game.

We ate a delicious breakfast overlooking the fairway. I had whole grain banana pancakes with granola.




The Crater is a 55-foot tall, beehive-shaped limestone rock that nature has hollowed out and filled with 90° to 96° water. It is 55 feet deep, so lots of people go scuba diving in it. It was a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Kirsten and Eric said...

Good to see that you guys started a blog, too.

I've always wanted to go inside the crater. Some day...

-Eric

Whitney said...

I love the big size chess game. It reminds me of world four in Mario where everything is extra large. You guys look really cute. I miss you.

Dawn said...

How romantic. Where do I find a Brendan? Just kidding I already have one. Glad you had so much fun. Love you and miss you. Wish you hadn't ditched us for Europe and Asia. Oh yes, and I like your swimsuit. :)