8.10.2010

Humboldt, Nevada


We drove to California a few weeks ago for my brother Blake's missionary farewell.  On our drive out there, I just had to stop at this "special" spot and take a few pictures.  When Brendan and I were dating, we drove out to San Francisco to meet up with a friend of Brendan's who was in town from Russia.  We were also going to stop and visit my family in Sacramento on our way out there.  This was Brendan's first time driving to Northern California from Utah.  Brendan pretended to have some car trouble in the middle of nowhere and pulled off at this Humboldt exit on the side of the road.  To make a long story short, he had me get out of the car to check some things out and proposed to me.  I did say yes, but was a little shocked at his location for such a proposal.  Anyone who knows Brendan knows he's pretty creative and romantic, so it wasn't exactly what I had expected.  Especially since it was the day after Valentine's day and we were headed to a pretty romantic city the next day.  Later, when I asked why he chose such a spot he told me that in the future whenever we would drive out to visit my family we could tell the kids that's where Dad and Mom got engaged.

So on our drive out to visit my family I just had to stop and show Hazel where Mom and Dad got engaged.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hilarious! I didn't know the story behind it.

Jess said...

Ohh, that's sweet! Way to go Brendan!