9.23.2011

Hattie's Blessing


Over Labor Day weekend we blessed Hattie, and all of my family was able to come except for my brother who is on a mission.  That's 10 out of 11 kids, and all had to travel from out of state except Bruce and Whitney of course.  It was a fun filled weekend!



On Saturday we went up Spanish Fork Canyon to Brendan's family cabin for swimming and a BBQ.  It started to get chilly in the evening and they always have warm attire in the closets, so it kind of became dress up.  I'm not quite sure what the pirate face is all about.


Our new place has a nice backyard that we have been enjoying all summer.  It was a perfect place for our luncheon after the blessing, and the weather was beautiful. 

Not only was my immediate family able to come, but I had some local cousins and Brendan's relatives also.  We were blessed to have so much family with us. 






Pictures from left to right.  1. All of the sisters in order from youngest to oldest.  2. My two oldest sisters, Brook and Dawn. (Dawn is the oldest.) 3. My mom and Ivy (the youngest sister.) 4. All of the married sisters are sitting with their husbands, and all of the single sisters are standing.  We were going to take pictures of the brothers, but Bruce had already left to go to church, and Blake is on his mission so it left just Bill. 


Hazel was picking up grass and putting it on Hattie's head saying she needed some more hair, and then Hattie happened to spit up which is very typical.  Hattie and I both have to change our outfits a few times a day with all of the spit up, but it is getting better now.


Nieces and Nephews enjoying the hammock.  I thought it was going to break with all of the jumping on it, but luckily it held up.






By foot, strollers, single and tandem bikes, a bike trailer, scooters, a skateboard, and a golf cart, we all took a walk on BYU's new trail.  It is a nice cobblestone trail with a creek and waterfalls. (I had to throw the picture in of my dad on the skateboard.  I don't know how many years it's been since he has been on one, but it made me laugh.) 


1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Your family is so sweet. Really everyone went out of their way to introduce themselves, and they were the guests! What a great family!