11.12.2012

Fall Fun

Rowley's Red Barn
We went to Rowley's Red Barn in Santaquin.  They had a hay ride and pumpkin patch outside and lots of goodies inside.  We bought a big box of apples, some apple cider, hot chocolate, and apple cider donuts.  

 Hazel and Hattie both had apple cider donuts all over their faces.  


 They started chowing down on their apples inside the store.  I was surprised at how much they actually ate.


We took home our apples and put them to good use.  We made a delicious apple pie and took it to a family party, and I also made some homemade applesauce.  I got the recipe from Smitten Kitchen.  I saw these little green pouches on pinterest and ordered some.  My kids love those squeeze applesauce packs, but they can get expensive over time.  These are reusable and you can make lots of your own varieties.  

Riverwoods Pumpkin Parade and Monster Mash
We had so much fun at the Pumpkin Parade and will for sure be going back next year.  They had lots of bounce houses, vendors, dancing, face painting, balloon animals, a petting zoo, games, trick or treating, free cupcakes, a hayride, and lots of pumpkins.   The weather was also very nice, so that helped a lot.


Our princess and strawberry all ready to have fun!


 Hazel was too scared to go in, but once she saw Hattie enjoying the animals she decided to join in.  Hattie is petting a sheep, and Hazel is petting a huge rabbit.

 You can see Hattie eyeing Hazel's cupcake, and I'm glad she decided to share.

 Hazel said the hayride was her favorite part of the day.

There was a very cool headless horseman riding around.

Fall Leaves
These two had a lot of fun playing in the leaves on our front lawn before Brendan cleaned them up.




2 comments:

Whitney said...

I love those kids. I wish they were my own...could I maybe borrow them for a week? When's your next vacation?

Tabitha said...

Their faces in the top picture are hilarious!

I also love their cute matching outfits in the fall leaves.