10.31.2010

Ward Halloween Party

Brendan and I are on the activities committee in our ward, and we really enjoy it.  On Friday night we had a Halloween party and chili cook off.  It looked really nice in the end, but the pictures don't really do it justice.  My tripod is broken, so I had to use my flash unfortunately.  These are just some pictures while we were setting up, but we had the lights dimmed, with our fog machine going and Brendan had some cool Halloween tunes playing.  People also brought their carved pumpkins for the centerpieces and to enter our pumpkin carving contest.  We also had a costume parade and contest.

 Brendan and I saw the striped and polka dot pumpkins on the Martha Stewart show and decided to give it a try.  I thought they kind of turned out cute.

Brendan is setting up the speakers, and Hazel is tagging along.

Brendan and I made the tree by spray painting sticks and a pot.  We hung garland and some ghost pops from it.  We also made homemade rootbeer with dry ice in the cauldrons.  

We downloaded and used this cute invitation from Shauna Younge posted on Twig and Thistle.

2 comments:

Liz Maxfield said...

Wow. It looks awesome!! You guys are amazing!

Diana Smith said...

You guys are awesome ward activities! Thats an awesome party you guys put together!