7.27.2011

Canada

In May Brendan's brother, Christopher, got married in the Cardston temple.  We took a two week trip to attend the wedding and spend time with family.  Unfortunately the weather was really cold.  It rained almost everyday, except the day of the wedding, and even snowed one day.  After the wedding festivities were over, we headed to Banff National Park for 5 days.  We couldn't really enjoy the outdoors because of the in between weather.  It wasn't the middle of winter with all of the snow activities, and it wasn't nice and sunny to take a hike and have a picnic.  Most of the time we drove in the car and got out just to take pictures.  It was nice to come back to the states where everything is so much cheaper.  Gas was $5 a gallon, and I couldn't believe the price of groceries.  A container of Breyers ice cream was $8.   
 (I'm not looking my best in the photos.  Being 7 months pregnant with braces is not the best combination.)


Two days before the wedding, we spent some time with Brendan's grandpa and Christopher in Waterton Lakes National Park.

At the wedding dinner with Hazel.



I was a bridesmaid along with Brianna's sisters and Brendan's sister Taryn.  I made my maternity skirt myself with a little help from my friend Diana.

The reception was at Brianna's parent's high rise condo in downtown Calgary.  The view was beautiful.


 Brendan and Hazel are in front of the Banff Springs Hotel.

I didn't get a good photo of the hotel myself, but here is one.  The hotel is very old, but beautiful inside.  Photo from here

We are in front of Lake Louise, but as you can see it is still really icy.

Here is a picture of The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in the summer.  Picture from here

No comments: