7.29.2011

Hattie's Photo Shoot









I did some one on one mentoring with Stephanie Gardner from GiovannaLou Photography back in February, and after mentoring with her she lets you rent out her studio with the use of all of her props and backgrounds.  I was excited to do Hattie's newborn shoot, but it ended up being a lot harder than I thought.  The newborns always look so peaceful, but it was difficult to get Hattie to stay asleep, and  bringing Hazel was probably the worst part.  I thought I would take some pictures of Hazel as a 2 year old photo shoot, and get a few cute shots of them together, but as you can see below that didn't happen.  While Brendan and I were working with the baby, Hazel was into all of the props and hats.  She had taken off her shirt, messed up her hair, and had some carnival hat around her neck and that ridiculous hat with the flower.  She was then more than willing to take pictures in her chosen attire.  Although she looks very happy in these photos, don't let her fool you.  She was throwing a fit half the time we were there. 

5 comments:

Taryn said...

The pictures of the baby are of course beautiful (how could they not be...she is gorgeous), but I have to say that I ADORE the ones of Hazel. I can understand how frustrating that can be with a two-year-old who refuses to cooperate, but, someday, these images will be priceless. I wish I could have you take pictures of Montgomery choosing his own garb. AWESOME toddler pictures--pure genius! Maybe you should make a tradition of it...or even a business? I'd pay!

Tabitha said...

so cute! What's her middle name? The pictures turned out fantastic! Hazel's hair looks so light in her birthday photos.

You are so talented! I love the newborn pictures and will have to hire you when I have a newborn!

Dawn said...

Dana,
I was laughing so hard when I saw the photos of Hazel. I love the carnival hat attire! Hattie is adorable. Can't wait to see her in person. I love the photo when she has her eyes open because they look so big. I can't wait for you to give me another one on one mentoring session.

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love! Can't wait till we can do pics with you. You are so talented and do an amazing job. Hattie is so adorable and Hazel - what a character. Let us know if you need help with her, we would love to have a play day.

ivyjeanne said...

GORGEOUS photos nonetheless. I can't believe you took those! I mean, I can, because you keep churning out gorgeous photos but oh my! Want to visit me in DC near the end of the November..? ;)

Congrats on another darling girl. I kept waiting to see an update. I hope being a mother of two has been good to you. I'm a little nervous, to tell you the truth.