12.29.2012

Updates on the kiddos


These two have SO much personality.  They really have the best time playing together, and they make me laugh everyday.

Hattie
She is 17 months old and is speaking so many words and phrases.  She can say all of our names, including her own.  She points to herself and says "addie."  Hazel doesn't like the way Hattie says her name (which sounds like ay dough) so Hazel says back to Hattie, "ay dough isn't my name."  Hattie can say and point to most of her body parts.  When her bottle is all out she shakes it in our faces and says, "all gone, more milk."  She LOVES books, so she will bring books up to me and says, "read this."  She is pretty attached to her pacifier, which is weird because Hazel never took one.

She loves playing on her rocking horse and screams "wee" as she rides.  Boxes are a fun toy for her.  One day she laid down in a small box and said "night night" and pretended to sleep.  She loves to tag along and play with Hazel, even if it means getting hurt sometimes.

She takes naps and goes to bed without a complaint.  You just lay her down in her crib and she's happy and falls asleep.  She is always so cheerful and happy when she wakes up in the morning usually calling for Mom or Dad from the crib.  She also loves to cuddle.  Hattie usually gets up earlier than Hazel and I, so Brendan will get her out of her crib and she cuddles up with Brendan and watches the news. 

Hazel   
She just turned 3 1/2 and can't wait to be a Sunbeam.  The past few weeks the primary has been taking the older nursery kids into primary for the first hour, and she loves it.  The first day she came home and said, "Hattie I'm a Sunbeam now!"  When our Christmas cards we ordered came in the mail there was a blow pop inside the box and Hazel's response was, "They must have known you had kids!"

Hazel loves to play pretend, especially princesses.  The other day we were playing princesses and I was Rapunzel, Hattie was Cinderella, and Hazel was Belle.  I was doing the dishes and she came up to me and said, "Rapunzel I have to get home to the Beast."  I told her I thought he had turned back into a prince and she said, "Oh yeah he's not that like anymore."  She is pretty good at remembering to stay in character too.  Whenever I randomly call her to come do something later in the day she will remind me her name isn't Hazel.

She loves to sing and dance, and she usually makes up her own words with tunes to songs she knows. One day she took the tune of The Farmer and the Dell and sang some princess song with words about herself.

If you remember this post from 8 months ago where I talked about Hazel and her fits and terrible sleeping habits, I wanted to let you know things have improved dramatically.  Hazel now has a bedtime at 9 p.m. and she is usually really good at sticking to it.  She not only lets you brush her teeth, but if you forget she gets upset that her teeth are going to rot out.  She actually goes in and lays in her bed and falls asleep without a fit.  This is quite amazing considering her fits she used to throw going to bed.  I guess she just grew up a little, which is a blessing to me.  It is so wonderful to have time in the evening with both of the kids asleep.  


I just LOVE these two!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I love those little girls!

Dawn said...

Happy New Year! My kids and I were just talking about how we wish we could spend New Year's Eve with cousins. Remember how we use to do that as kids. We have our pots, pans and spoons already to ring in the new year. We love seeing photos of "Ay dough" and "Addie." My kids thought that was so funny. I love the girls' dresses. They are so stinkin' cute!