10.28.2011

Four Cheese Crustless Quiche with Spinach and Mushrooms


I like breakfast food and this is a great dish to also have for dinner.  A lady on my mission gave me this recipe and I make it often.

Four Cheese Quiche

In bowl combine:                                     In skillet:               
1/2 c Bisquick *                                        Saute 10 oz pkg mushrooms
4 oz cream cheese                                    1 small onion
1/2 c cottage cheese                                 2 T butter
1/2 c cream
4 eggs
1 c grated swiss cheese
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
salt, pepper, pinch of nutmeg
1 pkg 10 oz frozen spinach 
   defrosted and drained

Add skillet ingredients to bowl and mix.  Put in pie pan and bake 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees F.

*Bisquick has hydrogenated oil which I don't like to use, but I had some on hand.  I found some recipes online where you can make your own homemade Bisquick without shortening, but I haven't tried them yet.  Next time I make this I will try it out.  

Within the last year I read the book In Defense of Food and really liked it.  It has changed my eating and made me more aware of ingredients in food.  I like to make lots of stuff homemade now because it won't have high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, preservatives, and a ton of ingredients I can't even pronounce.  The less processing, the better.  I highly recommend the book.

No comments: