6.11.2012

Lately.....

Here are some phone pics showing what we've been up to lately.  We love having Brendan at home with us in the evenings.  We have been having so much fun together.

Bike rides.  Hattie even falls asleep. 

It's rare for Hazel to take a nap.  One day I found her asleep on the living room floor wearing my sports bra.  I guess she was worn out from all her running. 

My princess painting. 

Hazel sporing the sock bun! 

I found all of my shoes out and called to Hazel to put them away.  Hazel was in her room with my nursing cover on and her response was, "I'm nursing my baby.  I can't do two things at once." 

Hazel insisted pushing the cart because she said she is the mom, Hattie is her kid, and I'm the grandma. 

Helping in the garden. 

For Memorial Day we went to a BBQ with some friends and then we went to Trafalga Lehi. Brendan and I both have the pass of all passes and children 3 and under are free, so that's nice.  Hazel was a little light for the rock climbing wall.  The bungee kept pulling her up, and she would get scared. 

Hazel enjoying the airplane ride at Trafalga. 

On Hazel's birthday we went to Seven Peaks.

Singing Happy Birthday and blowing out the candles.

Hazel's friend, Mason, gave her some chairs for her birthday with custom made stickers with Hazel and Hattie's name on them. They love them!  Hattie can even climb up on her own.  She usually tries to stand up on it, which is very dangerous.

Hattie stuffing her face with oatmeal.
Fresh zucchini from the garden.  I made zucchini ribbon pasta (no noodles just veggies).  It's delicious!  You can find the recipe here.

We went on a little family picnic to Nielsen's Grove Park.  I love going to that park.  It is so pretty.  Unfortunately it was very windy when we went.


Hattie loves to stand up on everything even when she is buckled in....the grocery cart, restaurant high chair, and now the swing.  I'm not sure if you can see it, but she is still trying to hold on to her bread at the same time.  Such a serious face.

We went to another BBQ at a friend's house, and they had a trampoline.  Hattie did really well, even with all of Hazel's jumping.

On Saturday we went to the Orem Summer Fest parade and carnival with some friends.  Parking was hard to find, so we parked really far away and walked forever.  Brendan just decided to join the parade.

Hazel and Mason on the boat ride.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

You guys are such a fun family! We need to hang out more.

Dawn said...

You have been busy Dana.

"I like your pants." - The crazy gray cheetah ones. Where can I get mine?

I remember when Hazel use to wear that little outfit Hattie is wearing on the trampoline.

Hazel was cracking me up. I loved that she is nursing her baby and can't do two things at once. I wonder if she heard that from you. The sports bra photo was cute.

Jon's 4th birthday is in July. Can you come do his party? I know you are busy, but you know how to party.