8.30.2012

Baking, Cooking, and Eating

I occasionally like to do food posts, so here are a few things most recently that I've actually taken time to shoot.
My sister gave me this great granola recipe that I like to make and keep in the fridge or freezer.  I usually like to eat it with plain greek yogurt mixed with honey and vanilla bean paste and then some fruit on hand.

Dawn’s Granola Recipe
Dry Ingredients
6 cups old-fashioned oats
¾ cup wheat germ
1 cup coconut
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup powdered milk
1 cup chopped nuts (I use almonds)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds

Mix together in a large bowl and set aside.

Wet Ingredients
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 Tablespoon water
2 Tablespoons canola oil

Combine Group 2 of ingredients and then pour over dry ingredients.  Mix well then spread over large cookie Sheet.  Bake at 325 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until golden Brown.  Stir every 10-15 minutes.    After the granola is cooled you can add dried fruit to it .

I found this recipe in my Bon Appetit magazine and really liked it.  I love crisps, but I'm usually not a big cobbler fan, but I thought this was delicious. 

I recently found this blog called Sprouted Kitchen that I like a lot.  Her blog is also where I found my baked oatmeal recipe that I posted about before.  This balsamic roasted roots and spinach sauce recipe came from there.  I used carrots, parsnips, beets, and golden beets.  I also paired them with some herbed quinoa. 

These portobello burgers with caramelized onions, feta, roasted red peppers, and baby kale tasted great.  

These are just some vegetables I picked one morning from the garden.  Our garden has done very well this season, and I have been incorporating a lot of these vegetables and herbs into our meals.  

No comments: