7.02.2012

5 Years......

6-23-12
was our 5 year anniversary.

We started the day out at our ward campout.  Brendan and I had already booked a little vacation up in Park City for a few days later, so I didn't think we would do much that day, but Brendan surprised me and had a dinner reservation for us up Mill Creek Canyon at Log Haven.  I had never been up there, but it was really pretty, and we had a great time together.




Then on Tuesday we went to Park City and stayed at the Goldener Hirsch Inn at Deer Valley.  We got an amazing deal on Travelzoo a few months before.  This was the first time we had ever left the kids overnight.  I thought I was going to be worried about the kids the whole time, but I was actually fine and enjoyed myself.  We left the kids with Brendan's parents.  Hazel slept both nights without waking up, and Hattie slept the second night without waking up.  I was impressed.

The first night we spent hanging out on Main Street and had some great food.

We had the grand suite at the Inn.

The Goldener Hirsch Inn at Deer Valley was made to be similar to the Goldener Hirsch Hotel in Salzburg.  It has hand painted European furnishings, with hand carved doors and chairs imported from Austria.  I loved all the authentic decor.  It's a small hotel with only 20 rooms, and was rated #2 Small hotel by Conde Naste Traveler. 




Don't you love the band-aid.

At the Goldener Hirsch restaurant we had an outstanding meal.  We started out with some cheese fondue with bread, apples, and broccoli.  Brendan had elk for his entree, and I had a vegetarian dish, and we ended with some chocolate fondue with berries, french macarons, shortbread with pistachios, homemade marshmallows, and apples.  Yum!

Good Times Together!  

We also enjoyed shopping together at the Park City outlets and found some good deals.  I was amazed at how many stores you can make it to without any kids.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are an awesome couple! We love to hang out with your family and need to do more "double dates" with our families!