7.05.2012

Farm Fresh

While driving back from Park City, we stopped at Heber Valley Milk and Cheese.  It is a farm where they sell artisan cheeses and raw milk.  The cows graze right there on the the property, and they milk them and make the cheese right there all on the farm.  We bought both cheese and raw milk while we were there.  I've read a lot about raw milk and it's benefits (I also know people thinks it's risky to drink) and was so excited to buy it.  The owner himself talked to us in the store and packed our milk in ice for us to keep it cool.  It tastes SO good.  I just wish it was closer, so we could get it on a regular basis.

(picture from Heber Valley Cheese)


I made my own version of the ratatouille sandwich from Station 22 in Provo.  It is roasted seasonal veggies with  roasted tomatoes, caramelized onions, red peppers, mozzarella cheese, spinach, and pesto, on ciabatta bread.  I roasted my zucchini and squash from the garden, and made homemade pesto with basil from the garden, and made my ciabatta bread homemade.  It was delicious! 


Homemade ciabatta bread recipe. 


When we went out to eat at Log Haven, I had this simple but fresh salad and had to make it at home.  It is arugula, pine nuts, avocado, and puffed quinoa, with evoo, lemon, and sea salt.  I couldn't find any puffed quinoa, so I just used some cooked quinoa.

This tomato and cucumber salad is from the garden.  We recently started getting cucumbers, and they are so crunchy and good.  This was the first of our heirloom tomatoes with lots more coming!

(all photos from La Nay Ferme)

My friend has a CSA share with La Nay Ferme (a local organic farm in Provo), and she went out of town this week so I bought her weekly share.  You should go to their site.  It's very informative about nutrients in produce.  The pictures above are what I picked up today in my bags along with some dressing from the Heirloom Restaurant Group.  I'm excited to make some good food this week.  

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Seriously--you are a gourmet cook. You make eating healthy, organic, etc. look so easy and delicious to do!