9.28.2012

Anyone find a diamond?


On Monday night we went out as a family looking for some Fall/Halloween decorations.  We went to Lowe's and bought some mums for the porch.  Then we headed to Big Lots, but didn't find anything.  Our last stop was Macey's grocery store for some pumpkins.  Hattie was almost asleep, so I decided to stay in the car while Brendan and Hazel went in.  As I was waiting in the car I went to turn the radio station and saw that my diamond was missing.  I gasped out loud.  I grabbed Hattie and went in the store to get Brendan.  We backtracked the stores we went to and looked around in the car, but couldn't find it anywhere.  Luckily we had an insurance policy just on my ring.  I called the insurance company the next morning and filed a claim.  I'm now just waiting for them to get back with me.  They have my ring appraisal on file and they send the info to a local jeweler who says how much a diamond of the same value or more is.  I can either get one at that jeweler or get a check to go somewhere else, so I will luckily be able to get a replacement. 

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Yikes! What a bummer, but I am glad you have insurance. I had insurance on my ring the first few years and then we decided not to keep the policy. I hope it all works out. Diamond or no diamond, you are still an eight cow woman.

Christin Foscarini said...

oh my gosh! nightmare!! so glad you had insurance, too many people don't. well if you need any help or advice my dad owns Goldsmith Co. in Provo and Tony is the manager there, so of course he would be more then willing to help you out with anything you needed. Good luck and sorry for your loss :(

Unknown said...

You are so smart for getting insurance! I need to do that! My Mom gave her original wedding ring to my sister in law when they got married and she lost it in the grocery store...I think that would just be the worst feeling in the world!!

so happy I happened upon your blog!