9.10.2012

Lake Alexander

In August we went camping with Bruce, Jessica, and Whitney.  It was our last weekend with Whit before her move back to California.  Brendan and I had mountain biked to Lake Alexander (located in the high Uintas) before, but it had been years since we'd been there.  It is a rough road in, so you have to have four wheel drive to get to the lake, but it is well worth it.  We brought a lot of stuff, and it was a short stay of only one night, so we wish we could have stayed longer.


Our wonderful family tent was a graduation gift from Brendan's parents.

Of course Brendan had to make us a mountain man breakfast in the dutch oven.




I seriously can't get enough of this kid.  She is so happy all the time, and so much fun.  I finally just had to let go and let her get dirty even though it was driving me crazy.

Luckily we had some babysitters with us.

Bruce and Jessica gathered logs and built a cool raft.  It reminded us of our wooden rafts at Camp Nauvoo growing up.

Launching the raft.

The acrobats doing their tricks with a crash at the end.

Love our Chacos. Can you tell whose feet are whose?


We thought we were pretty cool coming in on this rough road in our truck when this guy showed up.  He had a chain saw just in case we needed it for that fallen tree.  He also has a snorkel on that minivan.


I had to include these last phone pictures to show Hazel's sleeping bag, since there was quite the argument about it.  The day we were leaving to go camping Brendan said that Hazel needed her own sleeping bag.  I told him she didn't considering she always ended up in our bed anyway at this age.  At the store he calls me and tells me there is a nice bag that can fit a kid up to 8 years old.  I still didn't think it was needed, but gave in because it could get some use for a few years.  We get to camp and I pull out the sleeping bag to find this small thing that will only fit Hazel for one more week.  We'll just say I was pretty mad, but Brendan thought she looked so cute in it that it was worth all the money he paid. (And yes Hazel ended up in our bed.)

Upper Provo Falls 
After packing up camp we drove to the Upper Provo River Falls.






 Mirror Lake
Our last stop was at Mirror Lake.  We were originally planning to camp here, but decided we wanted something were secluded at Alexander Lake.  Mirror Lake is very beautiful though, so we walked around together and enjoyed the scenery.







3 comments:

Taryn said...

I LOVE the pictures. You got some really great ones!

The sleeping bag story is hilarious...and she looks like she's in an Egyptian sarcophagus. So funny (but I would be annoyed too :).

Hmm, which feet belong to whom? I've got this. I'll start from the top and go clockwise: Jessica (with blue toes), Dana, Whitney, Brendan, Bruce. Did I get it?

Tabitha said...

seriously.. you guys are the funnest family.

ivyjeanne said...

Great pictures! I'm so jealous we didn't make it camping ONCE this summer! Where's Whit moving to in CA?

The sleeping bag bit is hilarious. At least she got to use it once before passing it to Hattie!