9.16.2012

California Day 7 / Stinson Beach & Oakland

Day 7 was also a bit rough for us.  Daniil suggested that we all go to Stinson Beach, which was a great idea, but with kids everything can turn into a disaster.  The drive was very beautiful, but a little crammed for me in the back with 2 car seats on each side (a larger car would be nice.)  We got to the beach and unloaded the kids, but it was an overcast day and a little windy, so it was cold.  We weren't exactly prepared for the beach with a blanket, chairs, or towels, so Brendan grabbed some pool towels from the hotel. When we got their and laid them them out it looked like we had three small hand towels.  We weren't there very long and of course Hattie is just eating the sand and rolling around in it, and it was kind of hard to control.  A few minutes later Hazel wet her pants.  We hadn't eaten since breakfast and we didn't pack a lunch, so we are all a little hungry.  I really had no where to sit (not that I could anyway because I was chasing Hattie) and I was feeling really stressed, when Daniil asks, "Have you ever considered hiring help? You know, like a nanny?" I kind of wanted to laugh because this is just how life is with kids (and yes Daniil I know you're probably reading this), but Daniil was also just wanting me to be able to relax.  We left shortly after to go find a place to eat.  After eating, we headed back to the city.  On our way we decided to stop and see the Oakland Temple grounds.  Brendan and I had not been there since our wedding 5 years ago, so it was nice to go and walk around.  











No comments: